Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, April 25, 2005

Moving, macaroni, and me

Blogging...
My sister convinced me to blog. So, if you ever get annoyed by one of my posts, blame her! She read a book called The Internet Church by Walter P. Wilson, which convinced her to set up her blog about three weeks ago. Me? I'm a skeptical blogger. I've kept my own private journals for many many years, but it's kinda weird telling the world about my life. But anything's worth a shot.

Seriously, who am I? Above all things, I'm a holy-rollin' Jesus-preachin Christian. I'm almost 22 years old, almost graduated from college (December 05), almost done with school for this semester, almost done with my art portfolio, almost done packing so that I can move in one week, and most importantly, almost a teacher. Lots of "almosts" in my life right now. To be proper, I am still a student, seeking my BSE. Next fall, I will student teach, and by December, I will be a Missouri-state certified teacher. I read, I crochet, I knit (sort of), I watch way too much TV, and I love music. I love Sue Thomas F.B.Eye. In less than a week, I am going to move out of my great apartment and into my parents' house.

Moving is a big stress right now. I'm really not that packed. Why do we move places, anyway? I moved into this little apartment because it's close to my university. Now I'm moving home because, quite frankly, I'm tired of this little university town and more importantly, I can't afford to pay my rent any longer! Money is such a pain too... seems like there's never enough of it! So, next Saturday, I will have exactly one day to pack all my stuff up and load it into my car, get my futon into my friend's pickup and take it to another friend's apartment, then get my bed, desk, nightstand, and heaven only knows what else loaded onto the pickup. aaaaaaaaaa....

This morning, I went to Wellspring Fellowship's one-year anniversary. I've been thinking for a long time about switching churches (over a year, to be honest), and I wonder if Wellspring is the one. I don't know, though. Very frustrating! I really like the preacher and the worship. I really really love those! But I still feel out of place among the people of the church, and I don't know if that is going to change. I really hate changing churches.

I am more than a little unhappy with my Royals! They lost again today to the Chicago White Sox. I know those boys can do better than that! But really, it's not their fault. I blame it on Major League Baseball. That's why the Yankees win the World Series every year. But, on the bright side, my man Mike Sweeney has pulled his average up to a .308. Go Mike! I've had my eye on Tony Graffanino and David Dejesus this season, too, but they don't have such good averages. Graffanino's has gone down to a .245 and Dejesus has a respectable .304.

I need to go make some dinner... but I think all I have left in my kitchen is macaroni and cheese. Another reason to dislike moving!

So, blog away, my wonderful friends! See you in the merry world of cyberspace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home