Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, June 18, 2007

A life I never imagined...

So you probably noticed that my posts over the last few days have been fairly impersonal. Truth is, last week was so amazing that I have needed some time to absorb it all!

I got a call on Thursday asking me to come in to Office Depot for an interview. Of course I agreed, because I need a job and that means following up on every lead. But I wasn't too excited. This particular job would be at the Office Depot in the next town over, so there would be a commute. I have a college degree, but it would only be a job as a cashier. And it's only part-time, with hourly pay. Not much to get excited about, I thought!

Well, it's a good thing I went to that interview! Yes, it's a part-time job, and yes, it's only a cashier position, but Office Depot is one of the only corporations (along with FedEx an Starbucks) that provides benefits (medical, dental, vision, and life) to their part time employees. Plus I was called for the interview because the general manager of this store (who, by the way, seems really nice!) likes my resume and generally likes to promote from within his store.

So it's only part time, but it will provide some money, and benefits. I'll have the rest of the time to earn money online and to pursue a writing career. I'm just thrilled at how this turned out! I never imagined that I would wind up working at Office Depot - especially as a career! - but I couldn't wish for anything better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home