Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

storm chasers

Storms like this kinda make me wish I was a storm chaser.

Now, don't go thinking I'm going to run off and chase this storm, because I'm not. I know quite a bit about storms, but not nearly enough to put my life at risk. And that's part of what I hate about storm chasing - the pay is HORRIBLE, given how much you have to put your life at risk. Storm chasers provide a valuable service to us and deserve to be paid far more than they are.

But, it drives me nuts to sit around my house and just wait for something to happen. If the storm's not too bad, I can look at radar on my computer, but even then I get fairly antsy. I would rather be "out there" and at least doing something about it.

2 Comments:

  • Storm chasing is really a dangerous thing to do..But going out for a chase is such a unforgettable experience one could ever had..It's like a wild adventure with adrenaline rush pumping in your entire nerves..The good thing about storm chasers are they are there risking their lives in order to save people from possible danger by getting them warned..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 04, 2008 4:40 AM  

  • Totally agreed, all around...
    Like I said, I won't be going out storm chasing anytime soon. I don't have enough training to do that safely. But the people who do that provide a service that no one else can. Your knowledge of a storm is limited by radar alone; sometimes you need eyes, looking at the storm, telling you what they see. That's a risky job, and we owe a great deal to the people who do it.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At June 04, 2008 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home