Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New City Does Not Have To Be Stressful

Thanks for the post, Deborah Cowpie

When my husband and I decided we were moving to a new city, we were frightened by how the kids would transition. We were moving several miles away and this was our first move of this nature. Preparing for this move was imperative to helping my small children transition properly. There were numerous things I did to help prepare for this move long before the truck was loaded and this is what I would do if I had to do it all over again.

Getting my utilities set up was a great first step when moving to a new city. Instead of arriving to this new city and wondering who is the utility and cable provider, I obtained this information ahead of time and made these arrangements prior to the move. This helped my children to have all of the things they were used to like the computer and the television stations they were used to watching and this helped to make things less stressful.

I also found out how to get a first alert alarm around Raleigh, which is essentiall in a new home. Moving to a new city can be seen as an adventure and this does not have to be a bleak time. Getting my family through this move was my top priority and things are great now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home