Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

metal

Many many years ago, I created an ornamental punch-metal plate that hung on the wall of my room for many years. I think it was a summer camp project, and I think it was a flower. It was a simple craft, but it had a remarkably professional look when I was done. From time to time, I think about crafting something like that again, but since I don't have the power tools for cutting & band sawing to prepare the metal, I haven't seriously considered it. I don't work in construction, so those tools are just not something I've needed before.
Today, though, it occurred to me that with the internet, I could purchase the metal and have all the pre production shearing done by someone else. Like construction guys! The would do top notch work too, like perfect laser cutting. Because you can buy anything on the internet! (Shoot, if they're smart, construction guys should be buying their metal on the internet!)
Of course, I would still need to find room to do all this. It would be a great craft project for a warm day out on the back porch, but since that's covered with a foot of snow right now, I guess it's going to have to wait until spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home