Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Addendum to this week's reflections: Mark Lowry

Click here to read what I wrote yesterday. Just to update, I was telling about two children at my church's VBS - one who was an "ideal" student and one who was hyperactive and a difficult student.

You could call it ironic, but I think God had a hand in this. Last night, I picked up an OLD Guideposts magazine that was sitting next to my bed - I think it was published in 1997! Anyway, this magazine had Mark Lowry on the cover. So I read his story and really just laughed at how applicable his story is.

As a kid, Mark Lowry was completely hyperactive. He struggled in school because he was hyperactive. He struggled with his peers because he was hyperactive. He was put on Ritalin because he was hyperactive. And his career succeeded because he was hyperactive.

Isn't it crazy, how God takes the traits that society deems disadvantageous, and blesses us because of them? Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home