Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

PaperBackSwap

I love books. I love reading. I love libraries. But there's just something about owning a book that is fantastic. I've really spent far too much money over the years purchasing books that I probably could have gotten from the library.

Recently I discovered PaperBackSwap. I haven't signed up for this webite yet, but I certainly have considered it. Its name defines its purpose: You sign up for the website, list the paperbacks that you have, and then swap with other people to get new paperbacks.

I haven't signed up for it yet, but I am sorely tempted! What is it about owning a book, about holding a book that is entirely yours, that is just magical? What is the wonder of just holding a book in your hands? It's an amazing thing, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home