Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2008

*alarm system*

I don’t have an alarm system on my house. I see commercials for alarm system monitoring, but I’ve also read studies that show that alarm systems only prevent a small number of crimes. There’s a TV show – I think it’s on the Discovery Channel – where two ex-thieves will demonstrate all the insecurities in your home – including how to get past a security system. That’s enough proof for me to not pay for home security!

2 Comments:

  • Haven't you heard the phrase, "you get what you pay for"? Most security systems are based on what security you pay to get installed. Let's say you get a basic system that only covers your doors, well that leaves your windows as a vunerability. As for the communication side of the alarm of today,I prefer customers to get cell back up monitoring which provides utltimate security for the communication side. For somebody to say that alarm systems do not work and are not worth the money, I would disagree.Alarm systems do work and will only provide your home or business with the security you have installed. When having a system installed be sure to have the company represenative tell you all aspects of what your security system will cover and your vunerabilities.

    By Blogger Safelink Systems "Reliable Solutions for Safety", At February 21, 2008 2:19 PM  

  • Actually I am fairly sure that you can often get a discount on your home insurance if you install a security system. Each person would have to investigate this; I know it doesn't prove cost-effective for me. However, if the security system doesn't cost more than the amount you save on home insurance, it can be an easy, cost effective way to secure your home.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At February 22, 2008 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home