Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

advertising

I'm totally pleased with the place where my business has been in the past few months. I'm not earning a million dollars (yet!) but I'm making big strides towards it. It won't be too much longer before I'll need to hire an advertising agency to promote myself and my skills. Which will be totally awesome- I mean, what ego trip!

Of course I'll have to find a good advertising agency. Not one of the kinds that makes mistakes in translation. Like the Coca Cola ad campaign in China, which translated Coca Cola as "bite the wax tadpole". Or the Pepsi Cola ad campaign in China, which translated "Pepsi Cola gives you zest for life" as "Pepsi Cola brings your ancestors back from the dead". Of course this list goes on and on. It's amazing how many of these advertising mistakes have occurred even when our world is "getting smaller", so to speak, and it's so much easier to get a quality translator.

But, in all seriousness, an advertising agency will be so helpful in creating ad campaigns of all types. From internet marketing and social media to old-school newspaper ads or billboards or who knows what else! Plus they are very helpful for figuring out how much you can afford to spend and create the maximum impact ad campaign without going outside your budget.

It's all about public relations. You have to have good advertising that gives your "brand" a positive image. Bad public relations can kill your brand, or at least cause enough damage to give you many hurdles to overcome. That can potentially mean many years and lots of money spent just to get you out of that negative image! Definitely not worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home