Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Family Tradition

The article written by Frances Blevins

Every Thanksgiving, my family and I will go to my parent's ranch. My brothers and sisters bring their families too. We all bring side dishes and pies, knowing that the main meal will be deliciously provided by our mum. After a nice meal, we all gather in front of the fire to discuss how big of a tree we need this year. You see, my folks live on a farm where there are tens of acres of trees. We all decide how big or little our trees will be, then we get bundled up to go chop them down. Dad always makes sure to set the security alarm (ADT Security deals) before we leave. Aside from Christmas tree traditions, he has always taught us about being safe as well. While it may take most people just a bit of time to pick and cut their tree, it usually takes us hours. That's why Mum always loads up a large thermos of coffee and another thermos of hot chocolate. Sometimes we'll even have a bonfire after the trees have been selected. There's just nothing like the crisp air around the heat of a large fire. The one thing that makes it so wonderful is that I am surrounded by the ones who mean the most in the world to me. I wouldn't trade this Christmas tradition for anything in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home