Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, January 09, 2011

It always seems to tastes the best on New Year's Eve

Guest post by Toney Elliott

On New Year's Eve, my sister, her husband, their children and I, all eat Chinese food. We place an order a few hours earlier in the afternoon, for the food to be delivered at around 7:00 PM. It's the only time of the year that we order lots of different items from the menu of our favorite Chinese restaurant.

My brother-in-law picks me up at my house around 0:00 PM. When I hear Jack beeping the car horn outside my house, I first make sure I have set my home security alarm from www.INHOMESECURITY.net before going out for New Year's Eve. We stop at the grocery store, and pick up some horns and poppers for the midnight celebration. The kids love making all that noise and confetti mess.

Then we finally arrive at my sister's house, and by now it's usually starting to snow a bit. We spend the afternoon watching movies and playing games with the kids. Later in the evening, Marge and Joe, long time friends of the family, always come by for a visit. We play cards, share a few glasses of wine, and celebrate that we all made it through another year. They leave and to go back home for the night.

The Chinese food arrives late. It's funny, but some how it always seems to tastes the best on New Year's Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home