Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

responsibility, or "do i have to?"

mood:tired

I admit it. Being a substitute teacher is really nice.

Okay, so some days I get a phone call at an ungodly hour of the morning, and I have to wake up and get dressed and be a perky, happy teacher for the rest of the day. Sometimes that's tough. But I work at good schools with good teachers and even better students, so I have fun.

However, on the days when I'm not working, I can create my own schedule, and that is REALLY nice. I admit that on those days, I struggle sometimes to wake up at an early-to-decent hour. But I really enjoy relaxing all day. Well, not really relaxing - I clean up around the house, cook, otherwise make myself productive. But generally I have a lot of time to myself. I surf the internet, crochet, do crosswords, play with hamster, and in general just enjoy myself.

You all know that I hope to go overseas. I want to go overseas. Most importantly, I feel called to go overseas! However, the process of applying and getting accepted and GOING overseas is proceeding at an excruciatingly slow pace.

So I need to cover my tail and apply at a few local school districts, just in case. But I really don't wanna! It's a lot of work to apply for these jobs, which I don't really even feel called to do, and I'm enjoying this time of being lazy at home while I can.

*Sigh* When did I grow up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home