Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

shoulders that bear our burdens

moodprayerful

I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder last night. Not sure how I did it, but it doesn't really matter. I woke up this morning, and it hurt like high heaven to move my shoulder. It doesn't help that this is the collerbone that I broke five and a half years ago, and which is still very sensitive to injury.

Anyway, my shoulder is killing me, and I started to imagine what it must have felt like for Jesus. Of course, I can't even begin to imagine what Jesus went through. But as I went through "life", and as it hurt so much that I gasped every time I moved my arm, I just couldn't imagine the shoulders of Jesus carrying His cross up the hill of Golgotha. And I cannot imagine, even more, the thorns and nails and the piercings. What a gift He has given us!

He was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
~Isaiah 53:5


As a sidenote, I got home a 2:00 pm today, and my hamster was wide awake. She's still going at it. It's very weird. She's nocturnal and- well, she's never awake at this time of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home