Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, March 31, 2006

shocked

mood:amazed

Three days ago, I saw an episode of "World News Tonight" that aboslutely shocked me. The ABC reporters investigated what is being called the "war on Christians". Some of the quotes from PASTORS demanded change, demanded that our nation be nice to Christians and do what we want.

Read the article - there is no way for me to sum up the anger expressed by the Christians quoted in this story. But I am so saddened by this story.

"Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
~Matthew 10:17-23, 34-36

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home