Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The {21} Challenge

mood:excited!

Hat tip to Gina, where I discovered the {21} Challenge, and a further hat tip to Rhonna, who is orchestrating the whole thing!

Rhonna has based this challenge on two ideas: first, that it takes 21 days to create or break a habit, and second, that art is therapy. In the next 21 days, we will attempt to create and break our habits, and while we're doing it, we're going to make pretty things too! How much better does it get than that?

I'm sorry that I didn't get this up there sooner, so that more of you could join me in this endeavor!

Here are the habits that I hope to change:
1)Exercise! Not really about weight loss or anything but I want to get fit! I found this great 21-day exercise plan on MSN.com.
2)Limit the amount of Diet Coke that I drink. It's not healthy and I know I don't need to drink it.
3)Memorize more Bible verses. My goal is to memorize 21 verses in 21 days.
4)Read the Bible more. Period. I struggle with this, largely because I don't have a good, directed reading plan. So I'm going to start with 1 and 2 Timothy, then Acts, and then I'll dive into the Old Testament Minor Prophets.
5)Devote time to prayer every day. I especially want to pray for my family in Christ, both locally and internationally. Locally, we are going through our temporary struggles - financial troubles, health problems, spiritual challenges. Internationally, my brothers and sisters in Christ are faced every day with persecution beyond my imagination.

I hope to update you each day on my progress. I will begin my {21} Challenge tomorrow, counting from that day. Of course, you are welcome to join this Challenge on any day; just count 21 days from the day you begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home