Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, September 01, 2007

update to the Crandall Canyon mine situation...

My faithful readers know that, a few days ago, I blogged about the situation at the Crandall Canyon mine in Utah. Today I received a response to that post which sounded almost angry:

I am sorry about the miners. Very sorry and sad. But, Mr. Murray and the mining company seem to have done everything in their power. What more do the families want? It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. How many holes can they possibly drill???? I feel sad for Mr. Murray. I can imagine what the poor man has been going through.


Just to remind this angry and, incidentally, anonymous poster, I said that I was sad and sorry, but that Mr. Murray's choice to pursue sealing the mine hole is the best option. I, too, am sad and sorry. I wish there were any other way. I read this morning that the search operation has been suspended indefinitely. While I understand this choice - it seems almost foolish to continue drilling and attempting a costly rescue when three rescuers have already died - I know that the families must be in intense agony. Without the bodies of their loved ones, it will be difficult to find closure. Unfortunately, it seems that there is no other way.

God bless the miners - those who died and those who live and who continue to dig and search for the buried treasure that our nation seeks - for their neverending hard work and their indefatigable strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home