Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, October 15, 2007

another weekend come and gone...

Is it weird that I've started to prefer weekdays to weekends?

During the week, I'm free to do my own thing. On the weekends, I have to go to church. Now don't get me wrong, I love God, but I seriously hate religion. I'm so tired and so frustrated with having "religion" shoved over my head. And I am so tired of religion that I'm getting tired of church. Because church is inevitably tied to religion.

I'm sure there are a few good churches out there, churches that are really pure and that are just pursuing God. Churches that are not tying themselves to God - "You can't go to heaven unless you believe in Jesus, oh yea, and you hafta be a member of our church" - or tying other things to God - "You can't go to heaven unless you believe in Jesus, don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, volunteer at our church 40 hours a week, and let us tell you what to do". I'm sure that good churches exist. But I am so tired of looking at churches, of going to church and visiting churches and finding every church just a disappointing mirror image of the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home