Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

seminary insanity

mood:exhausted

This week I am taking a New Testament Survey course at Midwest Baptist Theological Seminary. I am seriously wondering what I got into! I mean, I signed up for the class because I thought it would teach me about the Bible and help prepare me to go to Africa. But it is so so so so hard.

I don't know Greek. But the professor is using a LOT of "original Greek" manuscripts (copies of them, at least) to determine the meanings of various verses and passages. He goes so, so fast. And it's just really overwhelming!

I want to learn this. I keep reminding myself that I just have to hang in there. It's hard to admit it but for this class, the grade really doesn't matter. I just need to sit there and learn as much as I can. But I could sure use your prayers, 'cuz it's tough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home