Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, July 08, 2006

random2

Lately I've been thinking about crazy furniture. I like crazy furniture. Always have, probably always will. I like unique furniture, unusual pieces that no one else has. Beyond that, in the realm of "crazy furniture" are some pieces that are very, very functional.

I've been looking online at loft and hammock beds. Loft beds are highly functional in their space-saving capacity. You'll see lofts on virtually every college campus in the world.

Hammocks, traditionally hung in the backyard, are coming inside more and more. A hammock bed can literally be taken down and folded up during the day.

I've also been looking into a new alarm clock. Did you know that they now make alarm clocks with input jacks for your MP3 player? Very cool.

2 Comments:

  • I like the idea of a loft bed. Ive seen those before in my friend Mollys dorm at NCSU... but a hammock bed? Doesnt sound very comfortable to me. I enjoy laying flat lol not all scrunched up.

    But if your short on space... it might solve the problem...

    By Blogger Drea, At July 08, 2006 9:35 PM  

  • Mostly I gotta admit that I'm intrigued by the idea of a hammock bed. I've always imagined hammocks as that nice comfy thing that swings in the backyard and that you sit in when you want to enjoy the sun/nature/God's creation, etc. But I read last night that more and more people are using them as indoor beds, which I thought... hmmmm.

    I like loft beds too, and really would probably be more likely to buy/build one of those. I never had one in my dorm rooms, though most people in my dorm did. It's a good space saver.

    I'll try to look up some of the links for the "plans" for loft beds I saw online last night. You can build them yourself for $100-$150 or you can buy wood that has been pre-drilled and such for around $200. Maybe when Caleb gets older you will want to think about that.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At July 08, 2006 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home