Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, July 24, 2006

what a week...

mood:sick

Hallelujah, I survived my seminary course - or at least part of it. Now I have to write a bunch of papers and email them to my professor. But that won't be as bad as sitting in that classroom for hours and hours (8am to 6pm)!

My professor is very... opinionated. Can't say as I agree with everything he says, but I did learn quite a bit and had a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, I sat next to "Sniffly Steve" all week. Steve sniffled and blew his nose - a lot. And I think Steve gave me his cold, a real doozy. So I have almost no voice, I'm blowing my nose a lot, and I'm coughing a lot, but I'm on the rebound. The cough is always the last symptom to go.

On Friday I locked my keys in my car. That's the first time I've ever done that! I drove to class (roughly 45 minutes away), and when I got there it was POURING rain! I mean POURING! So I go to the backseat to get my backpack, lock the doors, and dash inside. Of course the student parking lot is not close to the door! I get inside and, as I'm setting my stuff down, it hits me- where are my keys? I run back out to the car to check and, lo and behold, I can see them through the window, sitting in my backseat. By the time I get back inside, I am SOAKING wet! Of course the A/C is running, so I was FREEZING cold all morning! :) I had to call the handy 1-800 roadside assist number, which luckily was written on a card in my wallet.

They sent a young guy out to open my car, and wouldn't you know, he had been working less than a WEEK! He had NO IDEA what he was doing. He almost opened the door to a Kia (not mine) instead of my Ford. Meanwhile, I'm at a seminary so he's asking me all these questions about what I'm doing there and why I'm taking this class, which I politely answer. He tells me that he is also a Christian. Then he starts hitting on me! Now this guy is handsome enough, I guess, though I don't know anything about his spiritual walk except that he is a Christian. And I'm flattered that he is hitting on me (I guess that means he is attracted to me?), but right now I am not interested in a relationship. So I have to be as polite and as kind as possible, and I thank him and ask him to please open my car.

Weirdness. I also found a website yesterday that I will post about soon, but right now I need to make a phone call. I have lots more things to figure out with my move to Africa, which has kept me far too busy lately. I never knew it would be this challenging to move overseas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home