Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

oh, shoes, I'm losing it!

mood:mildly insane

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I need to get a new pair of river sandals. I spent quite a bit of time today online, searching for those sandals. They really should not be so hard to find!

Let me explain. I am looking for a sandal that looks something like this:



The shoes in the picture above are Teva brand. I have owned several shoes in this style before, although none of them were Teva brand. All of them were along the lines of "cheap Walmart knockoff" brand. This is because the Teva brand happens to be rather expensive - somewhere in the neighborhood of $75 and up for a pair of shoes. They can be found on Ebay, where if I am LUCKY I will be able to get a new pair of Teva brand shoes for $30 plus shipping.

Now, I am very happy with the cheap knockoff brands, especially when it comes to flip-flops and sandals. My experience has shown me that they tend to hold up just as long as the expensive brands. More importantly, they are CHEAP. Teva claims to put all kinds of "fungus killing" and "odor controlling" stuff in their shoes, and I don't need that. If I need fungus-killing, odor-controlling stuff, I can do it myself for much cheaper.

The only problem, though - and this is a HUGE problem - is that I cannot find ANYONE, knockoff or not, who makes Teva-style shoes. I can't afford to buy Teva shoes, but I need that style. I'm going to live on a boat, for heaven's sake! So I am turning to my friends on the internet. If anyone knows anywhere that MIGHT have this style of shoes, online or in-person, preferably for a fairly low price, PLEASE leave a comment!

3 Comments:

  • Hi,

    Have you tried rei-outlet.com

    http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=48033527&storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&langId=-1&color=DEWDROP%20LIGHT%20BLUE&img=/media/728865.jpg&view=large

    Dennis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 01, 2006 7:07 PM  

  • Hi Tidy Bowl,

    Looks like the shoes at rei-outlet are gone, I did find something at sierra trading post.

    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Teva.html

    They have a good selection to choose from and are cheap !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 02, 2006 8:36 PM  

  • Thanks Dennis. Actually I got onto that Rei-outlet before they ran out of shoes, but they were out of shoes in my size. Go figure!

    I just got onto the sierratradingpost.com site. I'll let you know what I find!

    ~Tidy

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At August 03, 2006 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home