Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

news news news...

Yesterday was an oddly newsworthy day. First of all, Heath Ledger died – definitely a tragedy. He was an excellent actor with so much potential. His autopsy was inconclusive, meaning we won’t know what killed him for another ten days or so. How sad, indeed.

On the political scene, Fred Thompson dropped out of the presidential race. I wasn’t a Thompson supporter, so I’m not brokenhearted about this, although I suppose there’s a downside to losing his candidacy. However, I think it’s mostly good, because there are just so many candidates! Narrowing down the field can’t happen soon enough.

Here in Missouri, Governor Matt Blunt announced that he will not be running for a second term. I am a bit sad about this, as I think Governor Blunt has been one of the best governors our state has seen in many years. However, he has prayed about it and he has presented many good reasons for leaving politics – namely, to spend more time with his young family. I wish him the best in his future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home