Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Costume Shopping

Thanks for the post from Stan Atkins

The haunting night of Halloween is right around the corner. Last year I waited too long to go shopping for costumes and ended up having to settle for a princess gown that was two sizes too big. Therefore, this year I tried to get a head start. My sister and I thought we could swing into WalMart and quickly grab a costume. In reality, we spent the entire day searching for the perfect costume!

We had left the house around five o'clock. This time, I had set my ADT home security alarm before leaving. (There has been a string of vandalism in my neighborhood lately.) After shopping at nearly every department store in town, I finally settled on two costumes. I was looking for something that was weather appropriate, age appropriate and cheap. It seems costume makers fail to realize it is cold in the end of October and three year olds really should not wear French maid costumes! Then they make the costumes out of horribly cheap material and put a high price tag on it. With a lot of searching, I was able to buy both costumes for under $30. My oldest will be a cat and my youngest a dog. I will probably have to add a bow to each of them to make them look cuter. However, they were priced just right and fully covered them.

Maybe next year I will try shopping online for costumes!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home