Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Survival of the Fittest

Author: Isiah Williams

Chances are I will never get stranded in the Sahara or the Great Basin Desert. I most likely won't be camping up in Antartica as well, but nevertheless I do enjoy a bit of good old fashioned survival show on satelite tv from www.bestchoicetv.com/satellite-tv/ca/. They have some great tips on what to do and what not to do, and foraging for food has always been an interest to me.

I always wondered what is edible in the wild, and I come to find that there are a good amount of things one can eat safely. Of course you never want to eat something you are not sure of, but hunting in the wild is a good way to get your source of protein. Luckily my brother in law is an avid hunter and occasionally has game sitting in his freezer. After watching the show I asked if I could have some of his venison to try out a dish.

Venison can be quite pungent and gamey but with the right preparation it can be quite good. Spices such as garlic, oregano and a hint of basil are perfect for making venison steaks. Using a little olive oil in a pan or brushing it before grilling it is all it needs. The meat is incredibly lean and cooks up well on the any heating source, campfires included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home