Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

...and then there was one

Fair warning: this post will be long. It's been an eventful (and sleep deprived) weekend - that's why I haven't posted sooner.

Friday night, I got home from work late and didn't get to bed until midnight (12 am Saturday morning?). The two hams were up and moving about, because after all, they are nocturnal. I hadn't been in bed but maybe five minutes before I could hear them scuffling with each other. I got out of bed, turned the light on, broke up the tussle, and went back to bed. Two or three minutes later, I heard them scuffling again. Out of bed, lights on, break up the hams, back to bed. This continued for over two hours. Finally, at two or two-thirty am, I just got up and turned the light on. I checked my email and pulled out my book, settling in for a long night of staying awake with the hams. Around three am, my mom poked her head in my room and tried to tell me to go back to bed - I refused. The hams needed me. Around four or four-thirty am, I realized, for sure, that I would have to take one of the hamsters back to Petco. There was no way I could handle a second cage. I tried to create different "barriers' to divide the cage in half, so I could get a little sleep. I wasn't successful until about five am. I went to bed and got about three hours of sleep.

When I woke up and got dressed, I knew that the hams would have to go back to petco. I had to choose one to keep and one to return. What an awful choice! The one I decided to keep had an injured paw, and Petco paid to send her to the vet. She's with the vet right now. I miss her - I haven't seen her since Saturday.

I didn't get fully caught up on my sleep until Monday. Between the hams and work, I led a very exhausted weekend! I didn't get many hours this week at work, so I will have an awful lot of time to myself. I don't like that at all - I need hours if I'm going to keep the job. My mom wanted me to apply at JC Penney's today, but I'm personally hoping to hear back from Walgreens - soon.

1 Comments:

  • Awww.. one less hamster. Poor Tidy bowl! Just for info's sake... if you get your small pets spayed/neutered, girls and boys get along better than girls and girls or boys and boys... and they won't multiply. oh yeah, and don't use pine/cedar bedding if possible.. apparently it hurts the livers of small animals. Which vet did u take your hamster to? Call me sometime!

    -BunnyServant

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 15, 2005 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home