Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

was jesus ever homesick?

I think he was.

How could he not be? He, who had seen the glory of the Father - who, indeed, WAS the glory of the Father.

When he closed his eyes, did he see Paradise, the majesty of Heaven?

When he laid down to rest, was he reminded of laying down at the foot of the Father?

When a tear fell down his cheek, did he remember how it felt when the Angels rushed to his side to wipe away his tears?

When his heart was troubled, did he remember being carried by the Father?

Surely. Surely, someone who has experienced such glorious things, can never forget them.

I have not even experienced heaven. But already I am homesick for it.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
~John 14:1-4

3 Comments:

  • I do believe Jesus probably got homesick at times... after all he dealt with the same struggles we did while he was on earth. He just never sinned :-) through those times.

    Hope you feel better.
    So far no throwing up here ;-)

    By Blogger Drea, At December 06, 2006 3:23 PM  

  • What a thoughtful post. I bet Jesus was homesick. Who wouldn't be coming from where He came from! :)

    By the way, thanks for sending me your email updates and keeping us posted on your blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 06, 2006 6:39 PM  

  • i think He got a little homesick too. He came from a place that is so perfect and came down to our imperfect world.

    i'm glad to see you back, tidy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 11, 2006 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home