Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

this one's just funny

So as I'm getting back into this blogging thing, I have to find "stuff" to write about. Most of my friends know that, for whatever reason, I'm a news junkie. Few days pass when I don't check my favorite news websites (and, now that I'm back in the US, actually WATCH the news on TV!).

I found this story today and, well, it just seemed dumb enough to share. When I was in Ghana, I remember seeing a few Muslims who would pray on their prayer rugs in the port. Ironically enough, I'm fairly certain they were NOT facing east! That requirement is one tenant of the Muslim faith that has always perplexed me. I mean, really, what's the point?

1 Comments:

  • Why do you face the American flag when you place your hand over your heart and say the pledge of allegiance. They are looking to their holy place.... and I'm not sure it IS East from Africa.....

    Beth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 25, 2007 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home