Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

tonight's thoughts... bicycling

Many of you know that, since moving back from Africa, I do not have a car. We sold my car to help finance the Africa journey, and I don't have another one yet. In a way, that's not a bad thing... I'm not paying for gasoline or car insurance, which saves a lot of money. But anyone who has ever lived in the KC area knows that a car is pretty necessary to get anywhere around here.

Well, after being cooped up in the house for two weeks, I dusted off one of the old bicycles (with pedals!) in the garage. I fixed the chain, filled the tires with air, and got it ready to go.

Today I took the bike out and rode to Taco Bell for lunch - it's the closest restaurant to our house. Also I went to the Dollar Store, which was in the strip mall next to Taco Bell. It was nice to get out of the house, although I definitely discovered that I need to work on getting in shape!

Now I am exploring some of the potential roads where I will be able to ride my bike. It would be nice to be able to venture out even farther - say, as far as Target and the grocery store, or to a different restaurant. I'm not sure what will come of this, but hopefully it will be a happier, healthier me. :)

3 Comments:

  • Hi. That's great that you were able to get one of your bikes going. Bike-riding is so much fun espically when the weather is nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 23, 2007 8:13 PM  

  • bikes hurt my boney butt lol. I prefer a good fast walk :-) but I do enjoy the quickness of bikes.

    By Blogger Drea, At April 25, 2007 7:49 AM  

  • BunnyServant says:
    1. I can't remember my password.
    2. I think you're trying to get ran over.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 25, 2007 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home