Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

health insurance... a necessary evil??

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm going through a health insurance "drought" right now. I have been attempting to find another insurance company that would offer me a lower rate, with few successes and many frustrations.

I almost gave up today when I stumbled across Assurant's short-term policy website. A little more probing, and I discovered that Assurant offers short-term policies (usually about 6 months long) for reasonable prices. These plans do not cover pre-existing conditions, and in a sense, don't provide a whole lot of "coverage", but the deductible is very reasonable and if I have an accident of any sort that requires medical care beyond my deductible, the policy will kick in. The monthly payment is VERY low, and it is very comforting to know that I will have this backup.

Further research has shown me that many other insurance companies, including Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, and United Healthcare, all have similar short term plans. I need to do more research to figure which company has the best plan (figuring in the monthly payments, copays, deductibles, and everything else...) but I'm quite elated that I've figured this much out.

2 Comments:

  • have u been able to view y blog yet? cause it is up and running and I added you to my list

    By Blogger Dianna, At May 03, 2007 11:08 PM  

  • we have been having the same problems. My husband got a new job and doesn't recieve insurance for 6 months. I'll have to check out that site cause we only need it for short term.

    By Blogger Kell Rees, At May 09, 2007 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home