Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, April 27, 2007

boys... why bother?

I'm not sure why, but it seems like in the past couple of days there have been lots of boy-related events in my life. More than usual, at least.

Yesterday, I discovered the Xanga site for Nathan, a guy I dated briefly when I was in college. (Link here to see his site.) That was a totally surreal experience! Things I learned from this experience: To the best of my memory, Nathan has not changed his hairstyle a bit in the five years since we dated. He has, however, managed to grow a bit of scruff on his chin! Cute kid. Thank heaven that God knows what I need better than I do, because I can tell you I would be incredibly unhappy with a guy like him. Not my type!

So anyway... Today I decided to go out on my bike. I went across the highway so that I could pick up a couple of things at the grocery store and, while I was over there, I stopped at McDonald's for lunch. I locked my bike, waited in line, and ordered my usual chicken nuggets. And the guy who took my order started flirting with me! I stood there waiting for my order while he made a pass at me. Very weird, considering that he couldn't have been older than 16 or 17! Then I had to go back up to the counter to tell them they were out of ketchup, and again - the flirting. (For what it's worth, he didn't even get my order right. But at that point I didn't want to face the flirting any more!)

Boys boys boys... you see, guys like him are why I am single. Now given, he is much younger than I... but sadly, many guys just do not grow up! They either stay in this immature/girl-hunting phase for a very long time, or they become so boring that they are no fun to be with. There's a balance between intelligence and fun-seeking. Not to mention, I will only date Christians. It's a shame that so many Christians are so doggone boring. God never meant for Christianity to be boring - it's the most thrilling ride I've ever been on.

1 Comments:

  • No. In-vitro shouldn't have anything to do with it. I personally don't judge others on whether it's right or not... I don't know about it... I mean, God does allow them to have those babies, right? He planned those babies, right? I just don't know!! It's a tough subject. God should have preached more about in-vitro, one way or another, during his days on Earth... don't you agree?

    BunnyServant/Beth/Girl who forgot her password

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 28, 2007 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home