Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

california wildfires

I don’t even know what to think about these wildfires, except that right now I’m glad I live in an area that is not prone to hurricane, fire, earthquake, or other massive natural disaster. (knock on wood) It’s absolutely unbelievable. But it is real, and it is happening to us right now. And that’s horrible.

Last night my mom and I were talking about what we grab, if we had to evacuate the house, as hurricane refugees often do and as the fire refugees are doing right now. I just can’t imagine the challenge of packing your life into a small vehicle and fleeing for your life. Yet at the same time, I know that everything in this house, everything I own, is just stuff. If I were to lose everything, I know that I would not lose God, and that is really all that matters.

It is so good to know that in this time of need some people are stepping up. Hotels are offering reduced rates to fire evacuees. Authorities in San Diego county worked together to quickly alert and evacuate the residents, saving thousands of lives. Finally, modern technologies are helping firefighters get a leg up.

2 Comments:

  • It is indeed a terrible thing. I hope none of them were arson, although it is odd so many fires started at the same time.

    People's homeowners policies will pay for the motels and rental houses while people are rebuilding.

    Lastly, to me, if I could only grab a few items I'd take family photos.

    By Blogger BLAZER PROPHET, At October 23, 2007 7:00 PM  

  • I don't know what caused it, although if it IS arson, I sure wouldn't want to be the fire-starter right now.

    Unfortunately it's looking like a terrible merging of circumstances. Dry air and static electricity created brush fires - not an entirely uncommon occurence in California - and continued dry air combined with strong winds built up the fires and blew them far and wide.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At October 23, 2007 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home