Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2007

r-e-s-p-e-c-t

Aretha Franklin had it right...

There's just not enough respect in our world nowadays. And I'm not just talking about inconsiderate kids like myself. I'm also talking about the "older", "wiser" adults. In fact, sometimes I think the older people are the most disrespectful of all.

I'm constantly getting flak because I'm single and I'm a girl and I'm young. Apparently that is a really bad thing nowadays. But that doesn't bother me. I'm used to it, and I don't really care.

What does bother me is when people who I barely know try to tell me what I need to be doing. If you have an opinion, that's fine; I'd be pretty surprised if you didn't. But unless you are a person that I already know and respect (like my parents or my best friend), you don't have any right to tell me that I'm doing something wrong, and you know this because you are so much older and wiser than me. Why do you think I am going to pay attention to you if we both know you have not earned my respect? And why are you surprised if I don't do what you say I should do?

PEOPLE! Call me young and naive. But I am happy. I am happier than I have ever been in my life. So just leave it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home