Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, November 09, 2007

writer's strike

I read today that the Hollywood Writer's Srike has continued and grown. More shows will be affected. I think this is going to be a good thing on many, many levels...

First of all, as a fellow writer, I have to metaphorically stand in solidarity with the Hollywood writers. These are not millionaire writers. These are middle-class writers trying to earn enoug money to pay their mortgages and feed their children. They are asking for fair treatment, in the development of the DVD and internet distribution of the shows they have written. I say, more power to them. We do not realize how essential those writers are to the television we watch every day. Intellectual property is the core of our nation, and it should be protected.

Second, as this strike continues, I think it will be good for people across the country to watch less television, including myself. Television is a great thing, but like all other good things, it should come in moderation. It will be good for us - I mean ME!! - to get off the couch and exercise. I know I could stand to lose a few pounds!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home