Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

long days and longer nights

What a day. I had my interview this morning, which turned out to be not a mock interview at all. No, instead it was a screening interview, so the district can decide which of their student teachers are good and which ones aren't... next semester they will call the good ones and ask them to return for further interviews. The not so good ones? Eh, too bad. Honestly, at this point, I'm just so relieved to have that over with.

I thought I did pretty good, though. I was interviewed by two principals whose names I can't recall, so let's just call them Mr. Chapel Lakes Elementary and Ms. Lucy Franklin Elementary. Both really nice, both fairly young. Tough questions, especially for a screening interview. I hope I didn't get too flubbered. But the way they talked about the district, and just from meeting them, I don't think I would mind working at their schools. I know I would love to work at James Walker Elementary. But keep me away from Sunny Pointe Elementary! (further editorial comments withdrawn until I actually get a job)

I had to wear this fance dress suit that my mom and I bought at Sears last weekend, along with hose and dress shoes. I hate dress shoes. Nothing makes you feel worse at the end of the day than sore feet. I got to the end of the day and my whole legs were sore.

Our MU chica is doing more and more to not move to my good side. I'm trying so hard to be nice to her, but she just doesn't realize that 1)she is floating on easy street through her student teaching, and 2)she is not getting a good student teaching experience. She grades nothing, teaches very little, and spends such a short time in each classroom that she barely gets to know the students. Not good preparation for a career in teaching. And it leaves plenty of work for me.

I had to stay after school late tonight to tutor one of my little girls in her multiplication facts. We've been tutoring every Tuesday, and it's so frustrating sometimes, because it seems like no matter how much you teach her, she doesn't get it. Then she'll get it, and you're like "yay! we'll take a multiplication timed test tomorrow", and you take the test, and she doesn't pass. So you tutor her again, and she doesn't get it, then she finally gets it, and she takes the test, and she doesn't pass. SOOOOO maddening. Some of this stuff that makes so much sense to us (adults) is so hard to explain to kids.

By the time I left school, it was late, and I had to stop by Target on the way home to get myself a new pill cutter, since I think my grandpa accidently left with my old one when he visited. I've been taking twice as much of my medicine as I should be taking for a week now (not good!), so I knew I just had to stop sometime. I shouldn't have, but I bought a new purse while I was there. It's my seasonal thing. Every September/Octoberish and March/Aprilish I struggle not to buy a new purse. Don't know why. I guess it's my little treat for myself.

I really have to get some sleep or I will be dead tomorrow. Blah. I gotta find an easier job. (I think I say that to myself at least once every day! the funny part is, I really do love teaching. Maybe I just love it more when I am wearing comfortable shoes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home