Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

white socks, black pants, not-so-mock interviews, and desperate sources of income

Yup. This morning, I was in such a hurry to leave, that I grabbed a pair of white socks, not thinking that I am wearing black pants and black shoes, and white socks might not look so good with this getup. Go me!

Tomorrow morning I have a "mock" interview. So they say. The administrators from my district will be interviewing the student teachers, and somehow I suspect that this interview will not be as "mock" as they would like us to believe.

I am really, really feeling broke lately. Terribly frustrated. I've started thinking, again, for the gazillionth time, about crocheting scarves, afghans, and other stuff, and selling that stuff, like on Ebay. I have not been crocheting much lately, but I might have to take some time off from the blogosphere (what little time I have) to go back to it, give it a shot again.

I really hope I hear from MU about their master's degree soon. I requested information, and I would like to hear from them ASAP so that I can decide if I want to enroll in the program for the spring semester.

I got an email from Linda, my long lost cousin, this weekend. Who would've thunk it? She kept it short, in classic Linda style. "It has been too long since I sat down and emailed you... the wedding was great... my temp job is over, I am now working for RE/MAX and loving it... what are you up to now... we are really happy". Interesting that she had to put in that clause about being really happy. I don't think she'd say that unless she was at least a little bit insecure in her happiness, and I only say that as a person who used to be very unhappy and is slowly finding a happiness that is better than I could have ever dreamed of. How in the world am I supposed to respond to that? I don't want to sound cocky or proud, but gee whiz... what am I up to? Well, I will graduate with my BSE in December... I will start my M.ed. with a specialty in literacy in January... I love teaching, I think I have the best job in the whole wide world... I have the best friends in the whole wide world (though she's not one of them)... every morning, I wake up and my heart is so filled with joy I just feel like it's going to burst. How can tell her that? I don't think she'd ever understand.

2 Comments:

  • Being broke blows. These days it seems like there are so many bills you'll never get caught up.

    I crochet too but I'm not very good at it. Can't do anything fancy yet.

    By Blogger Lindsey, At November 01, 2005 5:56 PM  

  • Yea, being broke totally stinks. Sometimes I don't know how I've made it this far. But I have, and I'll keep going. One day at a time, that's how I try to live.

    I taught myself to crochet about a year ago, by looking at pictures on the internet. I'll talk more about it next time I get a chance to blog.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At November 01, 2005 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home