Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

the resiliancy of the human spirit

Today I want to talk about a woman I work with. I'll just call her
Mrs. B Everything imaginable seems to have gone against her. Her
husband is terminally ill. About two to three weeks ago, her only
child, her 19-year-old daughter, was tragically killed in a car
accident.

Today I sat in the workroom with Mrs B, eating lunch, and listened to
her laugh. It was a true, sincere laugh. Mrs. B has every reason
(and perhaps every right) to be bitter and hostile, but she is not.
Instead of talking about what she had lost, she talked about what she
had to be thankful for - a roof over her head at night and friends who
loved her. I think we could all learn a lesson from Mrs. B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home