Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, November 04, 2005

S.M.S. - Save My Students

One of my kids with ADHD and a host of other issues got put on new medication today. It's not going so well. Behaviorally, he's a mess. Out of his seat, blurting out answers, never raising his hand, harrassing other students... the list goes on and on. Mentally... well, I'm afraid it's even worse. I'm never one to second-guess a parent or doctor's decision, but I do not understand why they chose the medicines they chose for the symptoms this child has. He has begun making comments that are nearly suicidal, and I am extremely concerned. I am limited by the law and by our lawsuit-crazy society, but even beyond that, I am not sure what I should be doing for this child.

For those of you out there who believe in a Higher Power... send up a few words in this boy's name. He needs all the help we can give him.

2 Comments:

  • awww. Poor kid and I know it's got to be frusterating for you as the teacher. You've got your hands tied these days. Good luck.

    By Blogger Lindsey, At November 06, 2005 8:49 AM  

  • Thanks Linny. It's hard to believe what our society has come to in these lawsuit-crazy days. I remember reading books like "Little Women" or "Little House on the Prarie", and in those books the teachers could do things like slap a child's hand or spank a child's rear end. Now we can't lay a hand on them. Even hugging is "questionable". HUGGING, for heaven's sakes. What am I gonna do, hug the kid's brain out his ears? Sheesh, sometimes it's just quite ridiculous.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At November 06, 2005 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home