Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2005

parties, presidential addresses, new jobs, new formats, and other stuffage

Today my family had a party/open house to celebrate my graduation. It was awesome... I got to see some friends who I haven't seen in awhile. It was so nice to spend time eating cake, giving hugs, and just being happy. Nice.

Job thoughts: next week I will start sending out resumes. I've already applied on MOREAP, which means half the work is already done. MOREAP is an awesome website, which most of the school districts in Missouri draw their applications from. So all I have to do next week is send out cover letters and resumes to my districts of interest.

To Michael Swartz: You're right, I'm not particularly interested in teaching in inner-city Kansas City or St. Louis, at least in the beginning of my career. My plan, at least for my first year of teaching, is to stay in Missouri (since I will get Missouri certification), and likely close to home. My mom is a second grade teacher, and by staying close to home I can take advantage of the resource that she provides as a mentor. Also, if I stay close to home for a year, I can live with my parents and save money for my master's degree.

President Bush addressed the nation from the Oval Office tonight. I watched the address, and all I can say is, amen, President. I have to include this, courtesy of Michael Swartz.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I have changed the format on this blog. Yes, Michael, it is somewhat a "fresh start" idea. I've also been planning to do this for a long time, but just now have the time and opportunity to begin changing my blog. I'm hoping to change the header and sidebar, maybe add a blogroll or a chatterbox. But since I'm still somewhat of an HTML novice, this is a huge learning experience for me.

6 Comments:

  • Amen?
    Wow, Bush really DOES appeal to the lowest common denominator. I find it appauling that anyone could believe his lies... but then again, look who I'm talking to.

    By Blogger crallspace, At December 19, 2005 1:30 PM  

  • Crall,
    I'm sure you are speaking as someone who has, at some time in your life, never had the opportunity to vote or to select your own government.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At December 19, 2005 1:52 PM  

  • Hi TB-

    Congrats on your graduation. What an exciting time for you. Good luck in your job search!

    By Blogger Janna Rust, At December 19, 2005 7:57 PM  

  • I find it appalling that Dan can't spell. :)

    Thanks for the hat tips, I gladly accept.

    As for sidebars and etc. it's not too hard once you figure out the way they write the code. I can send you the links from my old Blogger template to give you an idea of how to format them - just e-mail me. You can go to my old site and check out the profile to get my e-mail address (since I don't know yours!) Or look at the bottom of the "About" tab on monoblogue, my "other" address is there.

    By Blogger Michael Swartz, At December 19, 2005 8:55 PM  

  • Congrats on finishing school!!! And I do love the new background...very nice.

    By Blogger Lindsey, At December 20, 2005 6:17 PM  

  • Thanks Linny!

    As I said, I'm trying to kind of just overhaul my entire blog. New background and everything. I'm in the process of learning HTML right now. Yesterday, I began setting up my own webpage. The link is on my profile or you can just click on http://www.tidybowl.150m.com/. It's not much to look at yet, but hopefully it will come together over the next month or two.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At December 20, 2005 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home