Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

4 days!!!

Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord Blessed be your name

-Tree63

I'm nearing the end of my term at my school, so this week, I'm observing several other teachers in the school for professional development. Today, by totally random circumstances, one class was early, another was late, and I managed to get a 10-minute break. I sat in a bean bag chair in one of the 2nd grade classrooms. This song had been playing on the radio this morning, and it was going through my head as I sat in that bean bag chair.

I closed my eyes and whispered the 23rd Psalm to myself. "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul..."

The only word I can use to describe the way I felt is "serenity". Perfectly serene. I sat in my bean bag chair, with my legs stretched out. Somewhere in the background, I could hear students and teachers passing in the hall. But it felt like those noises were on another planet. Right there, in that moment, it was just me and Jesus. I was in total peace, and for just that moment, all was right with the world.

Four days until graduation. I'm totally ready for it.

5 Comments:

  • Ahh..some of my best times with God have come in the middle of my work day when I've had a chance over lunch to read my bible and pray...Thanks for sharing!

    Also, I just love that song "Blessed be the Name"! Now I'll be singing it the rest of the night. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 14, 2005 8:29 PM  

  • Cant type much. Just wanted 2 say I like ur Hampster Profile pic :-D

    By Blogger Drea, At December 15, 2005 2:41 PM  

  • Hi Tidy, nice post. I got the chance to read it now. I love that song you posted. It reminds me of home. When we moved from NC we were leaving behind a group of great teenagers that we had worked for for over 4 years... It wasn't an easy moved... but we really felt God leading us to Northern Ohio.

    Any how. The day we moved one of our older students Ben made up a powerpoint presentation and showed it to the church. It had various pictures... memories, etc..etc... from the past 4 years.

    The song played was that song you quoted in your post... I believe it was by the Newsboys.

    Any how. At the end of the presentation Ben had quoted "He gives and Takes away..... My heart will choose to say...Lord Blessed be your name."

    Made me cry :-(
    Im glad they understood though... made leaving easier.

    By Blogger Drea, At December 16, 2005 2:18 PM  

  • It's an amazing song. And yes, it's been covered by several groups. But the meaning is so true. So often, I don't understand the Lord's plan. It's such a good thing I know I can trust Him to never fail me, even when I don't know how He'll do it.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At December 16, 2005 2:52 PM  

  • I'll be about 2 hours early but Happy Graduation Day!

    Congrats, you earned it!

    By Blogger Michael Swartz, At December 16, 2005 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home