Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Meet my little ball of fluff!

Tonight I decided to make a toy for Miami. I used an idea which I heard about this morning on Petkeeping with Mark Morrone (a great show for pet care advice). I already only give Miami untreated cardboard, and since I'm a bit lazy, that usually amounts to toilet paper and paper towel rolls. It's easier than sorting all the dyed cardboard that enters our house.



Anyway, I took an ordinary toilet paper roll



and I stuffed it with timothy hay



to create a toy for Miami.



I put it in her cage, along with a strip of toilet paper. TP is awesome, because it is cheap and it is the best bedding imaginable for hamsters. Look in the top-right corner of the cage.



When I was finally able to distract her from her wheel









she fell in love with the toy, as you can see!

4 Comments:

  • Awesome job helping out Miami! I bet she loves it.

    How did you get the title to scroll like that?

    By Blogger Michael Faris, At December 11, 2005 2:07 PM  

  • HTML. There's several good HTML guides online, which is how I've learned HTML so far. If I had more time, I'd play with my blog site more than I do.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At December 11, 2005 2:12 PM  

  • Michael,
    Shucks, you are going to have to read an HTML guide. Blogger won't let me type the code that I put into the system to produce the scrolling text.

    What I did with my title is called a marquee. That's the HTML word for when text scrolls like that.

    Read this tutorial, it helped me figure out how to do it. I'm still learning HTML every day.

    http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/_MARQUEE.html

    Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer as best as I can, though I don't claim to be an expert on HTML at all.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At December 11, 2005 2:24 PM  

  • Thanks!

    By Blogger Michael Faris, At December 11, 2005 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home