Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Monday, January 23, 2006

back to the world of higher education, and more

Sorry I've been missing for the past few days, folks. I've been going in circles, or at least it feels that way, signing up for more college courses. I'm such a nerd. I've barely been out of school for a month and I'm already going back.

I did decide, though, to go for community education (non-credit) courses. They're non-grade courses, and more importantly, they're cheaper.

I also wound up spending more than two hours on the phone with Compaq's technical support this afternoon. Grrr. Whoever had the idea to send tech support to India was crazy. I wasn't on hold for much of that time. I just couldn't understand most of what this lady kept saying to me. And in the end, my computer still is not fixed. Infuriating.

Radical One surfed over here and asked about how things ended up with myself and S, my (male) friend of nearly three years. Where to begin? I've begun considering the nunnery more than ever lately. Kidding, but in all seriousness, I think I've given up on him, and I'm considering giving up on the entire male species. I see him at church on Sunday, but outside of that time, we haven't spent any time together for over two months. His choice, not mine. He hasn't offered any explanation. I am on the one hand furious, on another hand relieved, and mostly just confused by it all.

I will end by saying this. The state of our relationship has perhaps confused me most about my future. Until now I had just assumed I would get a job near home, teach in a suburban school, become more involved in my church, and basically just live the "typical" life of a college grad. Now I'm wondering if I should move somewhere within the US, if I should go overseas, or even teach in the KC district. Lots of questions right now, and very few answers. I appreciate your prayers. I'll let you know when/if I figure anything out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home