Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, February 24, 2006

good news

I got a call this morning to sub this afternoon. Ironically, I'm going to be a PE teacher again... at a different school! I guess they must really like me in that role!

I'm actually glad it's just for the afternoon. I had a horrible night... didn't get to sleep until about 5 am. So this way, I managed to get three or four hours of sleep.

My adorable hammies were awake, though, when I got up. They are such a blessing... and I have been SOOOO blessed by God this week, to not get any sub calls while I was sick. Not that I don't need the money, but I was too sick to work. As a sub this could have been really awful for me... I tried to find a website that explained the sub selection process, but was unsuccessful, so here's my best explanation: If the district calls and asks you to sub, then they EXPECT you to be able to sub. If for whatever reason, you cannot or choose to not accept an assignment, your name is sent to the back of the list, and you may not be called again for up to a month. Bad news financially!

On an unrelated note... check out this story! I heard about it on the news this morning. An autistic boy at a high school in New York state had functioned as sort of a manager for the basketball team. As a "gift" to him for his senior year, the coach put him in the final game of the season. He rewarded the coach by tying a school record and scoring SIX three-point shots! How awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home