Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

i cheer for the underdog!

I admit it - I'm watching the Olympics. I love it. I mean, it's a fantastic opportunity to watch talented athletes compete - something that is highly infrequent! Tonight I'm watching the ladies figure skating (free skate). Now, believe it or not, I know who wins. I always do - I mean, c'mon, it's on the news all day. But I don't think that destroys any of the drama or beauty that accompanies the show.

Shizuka Arakawa is the underdog in this competition - and I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out she has won the gold! She is such a beautiful skater, and watching her skate is a delight. Tonight she did a perfect routine. Perfect! It makes me think about how much effort she has put into becoming such a wonderful figure skater. She deserves the first Japanese figure skating gold in Olympic history! She's worked for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home