Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, February 17, 2006

a most peculiar day

I subbed this afternoon at my mom's school. It's a private school, and the difference I saw between the private school students and the public school students earlier this week was huge. The gap between the students was significant - and that's strange, because I've been working in what I believe to be one of the best public school districts in the country.

This evening I went to my church's once-a-month game night for the first time. Don't think I'll go back. There was a girl there who has come to my church before. She and I went to high school together. But she (and her new husband) have not been back to my church in several months, and I thought that I could consider her out of my life. To be honest, she is from a part of my past that I wish I didn't remember. So seeing her again threw me off.

I hated it. I hate the way it makes me feel. We didn't even talk, but somehow it was just her attitude and being in her presence... It made me feel like I was in high school again. And that's not a place I want to be. Who I was in high school - that's not who I want to be.

It didn't help that I was the ONLY person there who was over 18 but not married.

Now I'm thinking about what God wants me to do. Specifically in my career. I have all kinds of nagging thoughts that I can't get out of my head... and I don't now what they mean. Aaaaaarrrrrrgggg... my thoughts are so discombobulated tonight.

1 Comments:

  • She sounds like a member of the MUFFIA... The only way to counter attacks of this member of preppidom is to give her a sincere dose of empty praise. Like..."Wow is that a gucci sweater, I wish someday I could afford a gucci sweater, is that a prada handbag, it sure is beautiful, did you have your hair done at poo-poo pierre's, it looks great. She will never know what hit her!
    Tidy, you just hold your head high!

    By Blogger Princessa, At February 18, 2006 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home