Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

it's been a hard day's night...

I got my first subbing call this morning... twenty minutes before school started! Today I subbed for a para in the middle school who works with an 8th grade boy. It was remarkably easy. I guess this boy has had some behavior problems in the past... but there were NO behavior problems today! Since I was working as a para, all I had to do was shadow him from class to class. Normally, I would help the student (most paras work with disabled students), but my student today was fully intellectually capable. Basically all I had to do was sit in the back of his classes and read a book. Great great kid. Are they sure they want to pay me for this?

The only downside is that I won't get a paycheck for another two and a half weeks or so (thinking optimistically). I really wish I could take my hamsters to the vet sooner than that. But that's okay... a paycheck is a paycheck, whether now or later, and I can put the money to good use.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home