Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, January 27, 2006

busy busy busy...

Life without Miami is moving along pretty normally. By the grace of God, I'm coping quite well. Although, sometimes things happen that make me wonder... if it's hard losing my hamster, how much more difficult must it be to lose a friend? a sibling? a parent? a spouse? For example, I'll open the refrigerator and notice a bag full of lettuce... and I'll think, just yesterday (two days ago, three days ago) I was feeding that lettuce to Miami. And it's just a pang - just, like, a moment. By the grace of God, I can still get what I need and close the refrigerator door. But all the little reminders like that - how many more reminders would there be if I had lost a friend or a spouse?

I've picked up again on the job hunt. I actually feel very confident about getting a job at my mom's school - I'm in the process of setting up an interview there for subbing. I have also called my number-one public school district. Hopefully I can be employed soon.

I've been searching for another hamster to adopt. There is a male and a female black bear hamster available for adoption in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The only downside to that adoption is the distance - I live in Kansas City and the hamsters are in Tulsa. I wish there was an adoptable hamster closer to Kansas City. I'm not sure if my parents will let my drive to Tulsa for the hamster. But oh well. I'll figure out a way to make this work out.

I'm terribly behind in my classes. I really should be working on that right now, instead of blogging. But I'm not. (shame on me!) So, okay, I'll go do that now. I'm gonna catch up. Not to mention I have TONS of cleaning to do. Later...

7 Comments:

  • Hey Girl,
    I'll road trip with you.
    Id even drive.
    I love road trips.

    By Blogger Princessa, At January 27, 2006 4:30 PM  

  • Seriously Princessa... wanna drive to Tulsa?

    I'm considering it...

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At January 27, 2006 4:42 PM  

  • if it's hard losing my hamster, how much more difficult must it be to lose a friend? a sibling? a parent? a spouse?

    The greater the pain of lost, the greater His grace in the moment.

    When we lost our last weenie dog, it broke our hearts. But through that, God showed me His power. My two teens and I were walking through the store a few days after we had lost maggie. Getting out together was part of our process of refocusing on life. And in the middle of the store, I literally felt a lifting in my spirit and it stopped me in my tracks. I turned to my teens and asked them if they felt that. They had too. It was awesome to know and experience His lifting power. And now I'm confident that He can do that for others and how much more in the case of losing a human loved one. He blew me away. I will always be grateful for His touch in those days. It made me love Him all the more.

    Adoption is a great idea. I hope you find some sweet hamsters to take home and spoil rotten. And that they bring you a special joy.

    hugz2u

    sparrow

    By Blogger sparrow's song, At January 28, 2006 10:29 AM  

  • Sparrow- Oh so true. Pain is God's opportunity to be revealed. I am reminded of the story of Jesus and the blind man in John 9. Jesus' disciples asked Him who sinned, the blind man or his parents, that this man might be born blind. Jesus replied that neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. Truly, this is one of my favorite stories in the Bible.

    Thank you so much for your good wishes. I feel confident that I will be able to find a hamster to adopt, in the same way as I am adopted by my Savior.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At January 28, 2006 2:33 PM  

  • Sure when do you want to go?
    I have school on tuesday and thursdays and we have the pinewood derby on saturday. I think I might have to teach sunday school on sunday.
    John said it is about a 5 hour drive.

    By Blogger Princessa, At January 28, 2006 9:12 PM  

  • phew. You sound busy!

    By Blogger Drea, At January 30, 2006 10:48 AM  

  • hey girl...i'm sorry i'm just now responding about your karate question....

    our "type" of karate is something called Chang Moo Kwan, which is Tae Kwon Do...it's a Korean form, i believe. the head instructor is a dedicated Christian, which makes it really nice - as he has philippians 4:13 banner hung where the students can read it as they push themselves! it's been a wonderful experience for me...but, then again, i love competition and that type of stuff! :-)

    if i can help or answer any more questions, please let me know!

    By Blogger no_average_girl, At January 31, 2006 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home