Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Blogger down and the China market

I posted last night, but because of Blogger's outage the post was lost. In short, though, my post was about my cousin. To refresh your memory, my cousin is the one who used to be really close to Jesus, then met this guy, moved in with him, and eventually got married. When I met this guy, I was immediately concerned, because he bears all the hallmarks of a domestic abuser. So I am afraid she is suffering at his hands. She barely speaks to me now. Anyway, I found out yesterday that she is pregnant. I'm more than a little concerned for the baby.

I've been more than a little concerned about the skunk. She's so, so little and I just haven't seen any growth in the days that I've had her. I'm virtually certain she was the runt of litter. I'm also wondering if she may have been taken away from her mom too soon. I'm praying so hard that I will get a subbing call next week so that I will have the money to take her to the vet. In the meantime, I've started adding a multivitamin and Tang to her water.

This morning, my mom and I got up and went to the China market and the City market in downtown Kansas City. The China Market is a cool, cool place. It's basically like an Asian grocery store. It's crowded, and a bit smelly. But you can get so many kinds of really good food there. I can get some types of candy that can't be found anywhere else, and also some noodles that aren't sold anywhere else. They also sell really good (and really unique) fruits. My mom and I buy our oyster sauce, soy sauce, and pad thai sauce there, as well.

Of course, there weren't many vendors at the City market because it's not exactly produce season. However, from the produce they had, I was able to get some good prices on produce and buy some good treats for my hamsters. I wanted to get lots of different vitamins for them so that I can encourage the runt to grow. I got grapes, Romain lettuce, broccoli, and carrots.

Feeding the little runt is so funny - almost pitiful. I'm so used to Miami, who could put two grapes in each cheek pouch. The runt is so little that she can't even eat an entire grape. We have to cut the grapes into quarters for her. She loved the broccoli and ate a teensy-tiny stem of that. She won't really put much of anything into her cheeck pouches - sometimes when I give her papaya treats, she'll put one of those in her cheek pouch, but that is the most I've seen. (And her papaya treats are about 1/8 inch cubed!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home