Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

today's goings...

Today I took a friend from church, an older lady who doesn't drive anymore, to one of her doctor's appointments. It proved to be a long afternoon, just because she was in with her doctor for quite awhile, and though I had picked up a book to read in the waiting room, I didn't realize it was a book I had already read (and it wasn't that good of a book the first time around!).

After I'd been in the waiting room for awhile, an old guy "drove" through the door in his power scooter. He had, I guess, some kind of scoliosis or something, because his back was bent at an awful angle. Anyway, he came in, went up to the desk and gave them his insurance card, Social Security card, etc., then he parked himself next to me (literally) and initiated probably the most awkward conversation imaginable. I'm not really sure but it seemed like he was trying to flirt with me, which was very weird since he was at least as old as my grandfather, if not older. He asked me to help him take off his jacket (understandable, since he could no longer bend or twist in the way he needed). He asked me about my book. He asked me lots of other questions, which I answered as best as I could, but I was probably more relieved than I should've been when the doctor called him back.

Long day - but it's good to be home now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home