Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

lisa montgomery sentenced to death

It was big news here in my part of the world. Lisa Montgomery, who was convicted of killing Bobby Jo Stinnett and cutting her baby out of her womb, was sentenced to death. I am certainly glad I was not on the jury, because although it may have been fairly easy to decide on the conviction, I know I would have struggled with the sentence. I’m not anti-death penalty, but it is so hard when you are actually looking at a person and trying to decide whether you should sentence that person to death. I mean, no matter what he (or she) did, he is still a person.

Nonetheless, I can’t help but think that in this case, justice has been served. This was an absolutely horrific crime. We must do everything possible to assure safety for the citizens of this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home