Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

i need to figure out what to say to Linda

This has been on my mind a lot lately. I was thinking about her when I was driving to and from work today. We're on completely different levels now, and I don't have a clue as to how to talk to her anymore. I'm thinking about being honest with her and telling her how concerned I am for her. For one thing, she is deceiving herself spiritually. She calls herself a Christian but she cannot show me what it means to be a christian. Actions speak louder than words. For another thing, I truly believe her boyfriend is dangerous. If he's not already, then one day he will be abusive towards her in some way - physically, sexually, mentally, or emotionally. For a third thing, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have the gene for depression and mental illness in our family, and I know what it's like to be dangerously mentally ill. So I am very, very worried about her. But I don't know how to talk to her anymore.

Any thoughts you might have would be much appreciated. Any ideas?

I probably have been fighting a bug lately but I haven't been sick enough to miss school. Yesterday, though, by the end of the day I was tired and ready to go home. I went out to my car and (go figure) it wouldn't start. So I had to call my roadside assistance 800 number and wait an hour for the roadsite assist guy to show up.

He came, got into my car, and started it right up. Turns out the engine was flooded. Now I'm not a car expert, by any means, but the roadside assist guy told me that if you hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor, it flips a valve off or something so that the engine doesn't get any gas and you can start it. Either way, I could have just about cried by then. I spent a LONG hour waiting for him, and during that time I am imagining all the things that could possibly be wrong with my car and how much money it is going to cost to repair those things. Then he gets there and starts my car right up! He told me to drive it around for 20 minutes before I shut the engine off (no problem, I have a 30 minute commute). I was so happy just to know that I wouldn't have to pay any expenses to get the car repaired. The roadside assist guy said that my engine probably flooded because the weather was so cold, the car hadn't been driven all day, and somehow I had inadvertantly bumped the gas pedal. But it works just fine now!

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crallspace, At November 19, 2005 11:10 PM  

  • You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

    I suppose what I'm trying to say is that everyone's spiritual journey is different and perhaps being too pushy isn't the answer.

    Obviously you can keep her in your prayers but it is up to Linda ultimately what she does. You need to concentrate your energy on yourself and let Him watch over her.

    Just my two cents...saw you commenting on Dan's blog and thought I'd check into yours.

    By Blogger Michael Swartz, At November 19, 2005 11:59 PM  

  • Way off topic, but do you comment on the Royals' fan forum at all? Just wondering.

    I don't normally stray from my Tigers one but I'd be interested to see if you did.

    By Blogger Michael Swartz, At November 20, 2005 12:03 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crallspace, At November 20, 2005 4:55 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crallspace, At November 20, 2005 7:44 PM  

  • Michael,
    Actually, I don't comment on the Royals' fan forum. I probably would if I had time but this is my last semester of my undergraduate degree, so things are pretty crazy.

    My friend Steve is trying to get me to play fantasy baseball, fantasy football, fantasy basketball, and fantasy who-knows-what-else!

    I'm loyal to my hometown team (the Royals) although I admit they have not done well in recent years. But that's a topic for a whole other post.

    Tidy Bowl

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At November 20, 2005 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home